- a peshtemal (also spelled peshtamal, pestamal, or pestemal) is a traditional towel used in baths. a staple of Ottoman Hamam culture, dating back hundreds of years, the peshtemal was originally designed to help individual bathers maintain their privacy.
- in addition to being highly absorbent, peshtemals dry faster than thicker towels.
- it is also used to indicate which region people are from. there are many kinds of peshtemal, with different styles and colors in different areas of Turkey and Iran.
- the peshtemal fabric is made of 100% cotton produced in manually operated looms in modern Turkey, historically in Antioch. Cotton has long fibers that open up with use, allowing the thin towels to be highly absorbent.
- the peshtemal absorbs water as fast as a traditional towel, dries very quickly, takes up less space, is easy to carry, and is therefore used as an alternative to the towel in bathrooms, pools, spas, beaches, sports facilities, and for baby care.
Turkish hand towel by Jill+ June
- authentic premium Turkish peshtemal towel is handwoven in traditional Turkish looms.
- very absorbent, quick-drying, and durable.
- versatile (bath, beach, spa, sauna, pool, yoga, gym..)
- handmade in turkey
- material: 100% Oeko-tex certified Turkish cotton & dye
- dimensions: 23″ x 35″ (60 x 90 cm)
Machine wash cold & line or tumble dry low for best results. Wash before the first usage.
Width 37" x length 26"
Latika's gift market
welcome to Latika’s curated gift market!
the perfect addition to your Latika / Black Hatchet gifts!
curated from small brands worldwide and local businesses. these lovely gift items can be added to your care package, or bought as a gift for yourself!
about the brand
we are proud to have wonderful makers and business owners in our market!
meet: Jill + June
women-owned | based in Eugene, Oregon | community impact
I’m Jill. A home decor lover and avid deal-finder who loves great packaging, the smell of paper, and surprising people with presents. I’m a bio mom of two, adoptive mom to one, and foster mom to a few others – in other words…my house is a mess and I drive a minivan.
I started Jill + June because I found myself always on the hunt for affordable items for my home or gifts to give my friends, but I didn’t necessarily have the time to rummage through online shopping storefronts. This lead me to believe that a more curated assortment was needed. With my branding & creative design background, I decided to do exactly what my Nana June always taught me – if you can’t find it, create it yourself. Hence, Jill + June was born.
At Jill + June we believe our homes should reflect real life. And you shouldn’t have to pay a fortune to find unique treasures that bring you joy. And surprising someone with a thoughtful gift is the best feeling ever. That’s why every purchase that is made at Jill + June also gives back to our community. Why? It’s who we are and we believe it’s the right thing to do. We hope you enjoy our line that is hand-picked for your real life – and all the beautiful messes that come with it.