- A peshtemal (also spelled peshtamal, pestamal, or pestemal) is a traditional towel used in baths. A staple of Ottoman Hamam culture, dating back hundreds of years, the peshtemal was originally designed to help individual bathers maintain their privacy.
- In addition to being highly absorbent, peshtemals dry faster than thicker towels.
- It is also used to indicate which region people are from. There are many kinds of peshtemal, with different styles and colors in different areas of Turkey and Iran.
- The peshtemal fabric is made of 100% cotton produced in manually operated looms in modern Turkey, historically in Antioch. Cotton has long fibers that open up with use, allowing the thin towels to be highly absorbent.
- The peshtemal absorbs water as fast as a traditional towel, dries very quickly, takes up less space, is easy to carry, and is therefore used as an alternative to the towel in bathrooms, pools, spas, beaches, sports facilities, and for baby care.
Turkish Towel – Peshtemal – Classic Stripes – Grey
- Authentic premium Turkish peshtemal towel handwoven in traditional Turkish looms.
- Very absorbent, quick-drying, and durable.
- Versatile (bath, beach, spa, sauna, pool, yoga, gym..)
- Handmade in turkey
- Material: 100% Oeko-tex certified Turkish cotton & dye
- Dimensions: Width 37″ x length 26″
Only 3 left in stock
If you purchase this product you will earn 10 Points!
Machine wash cold & line or tumble dry low for best results. Wash before the first usage.
Width 37" x length 26"