Introduction to Olive Oil and its Benefits
Olive oil or ‘liquid gold’, as coined by the ancients, is used since centuries by the Phoenicians, Greeks, Egyptians, and Romans because of its skin moisturizing and anti-ageing properties.
A fundamental ingredient in most organic skin care and beauty products, olive oil is rich invitamin A, vitamin E and various other antioxidants that make it a perfect moisturizer, cleanser and all in one skin nourishment therapy for daily use on all types of skin.
The purest form of olive oil is extra virgin olive oil and is brimming with natural goodness and it is in this form that it is added to a number of skin and beauty products.
Another main advantage of using olive oil is that it penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin without clogging the pores to prevent excessive oiliness and breakouts. Its molecular structure is closest to skin’s natural oil than any other oil, which means it can keep skin toned and firmed and even encourage healthy regeneration of skin tissue.
Providing deep nourishment and thorough hydration, olive oil is highly beneficial for dry skin or baby skin and is also readily used in therapy for stretch marks and blemishes.
Antioxidants, anti inflammatory agents and essential fats in olive oil heal damaged skin and make it more smooth and replenished from the inside. It also reduces fine lines and wrinkles and maintains skin elasticity and glow.
Olive oil also contains Squalene which is a natural emollient. Squalene protects the skin against harsh weather, UV radiation and sun damage and also makes sin more supple and smooth without any unpleasant oiliness.
Ideas to Use Olive Oil at Home
Olive Oil and Your Skin
Olive oil is ideal for daily use on even the most sensitive of skin types and can prove to be a wonder potion for your skin, hair and nails.
• As A Night Time Moisturizer – Extra virgin olive oil can be directly applied on dry skin and left overnight and you will wake up the next day with smooth and baby soft skin! just a tiny drop will do the trick.
• As A Make-Up Remover – Cleanse and tone our skin with this all natural makeup remover!
• As Massage Oil – Relax your tired muscles with a tender massage with this wondrous oil.
• As A Lip Balm – Give your chapped lips a touch of moisture!
• As Bath Oil – Moisturize skin in the shower and stay fresh all day long!
• As Complete Moisture Therapy – Relieve dryness on elbows, heels, knees and knuckles with this all purpose body oil.
Olive Oil and Your Hair
• Get rid of split ends and dandruff
• Say goodbye to frizzy and unmanageable hair!
• Relax your senses with a warm scalp massage
• Use as a conditioner for instant shine
• Smooth out your curls for a head turning style!
Olive Oil and Your Nails
• Heals dry nails
• Reduces brittleness
• Softens the cuticles for a manicure at home!
I hope this gives you a clear picture of the benefits of Olive oil, and why we love using it in our natural profucts. Please feel free to ask me any questions, and share this post with your friends!